- We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating a game from the ground up.
- This person is a technical expert, who will not only help us implement code, but who will also have opportunities to contribute to design and creative direction related to gameplay.
- This person loves playing games as much as making games and understands the nuances of what good gameplay looks and feels like from a player perspective.
- In the future there is an opportunity for this person to take on a leadership position, if this fits their ambitions as well as the needs of the organisation.
- If this sounds like you, please reach out!
- Have at least 4 years of gameplay system development experience in the video game industry
- Fluent in C++ and other applicable programming languages
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to effectively converse with technical & non-technical team members
- Self-driven / have a growth mindset: Ability to collaborate, but also take the lead and work independently when needed
- Start-up orientation: Strong technical focus, but also able to jump on and contribute to work outside specialization
- Deep passion for multiplayer games and player experience
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Previous AAA PC or console game development experience
- Previous experience working on an online multiplayer service game
- Expertise in procedural content generation techniques
- Leadership experience, coaching and guiding a technical team
- Lead and architect the development and implementation of robust gameplay systems and other related gameplay features
- Context switch between hands-on deep development and participating in tactical conversations on how best to achieve the product vision
- You will technically design, implement and optimize a wide range of in-game features from the ground up
- You will work together with an experienced team of gameplay engineers
- Partner with creative, VFX, animation, and production to help co-create high quality, unique gameplay for our new genre
How to Apply
- Personal Information