- Toys for Bob is looking for a dynamic Network Engineer to join our team in creating the next generation in our history of award-winning, best-selling games, including the previously released, "Spryo Reignited Trilogy". http://spyrothedragon.com/.
- Toys For Bob is looking for a talented Network Engineer to help bring our online experience to a higher level.
- As the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for client features, multiplayer systems, online community features, and tools.
- You’ll be expected to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
- In addition, the Network Engineer will be responsible for improving game network traffic efficiency, instrumenting and analyzing numerous game systems, and building scalable systems to synchronize state between client, server and backend.
- 3+ years programming experience with at least 2 years focus on networking and online systems
- Shipped 1-2+ game title(s) (we will consider applicants with 1+ game title for a mid-level role)
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and experience with a scripting language(s)
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code
- Proficiency in client-server networking architecture, network protocols, and peer-to-peer architectures
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineers, systems designers and producers
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Work closely with other Engineering and Design teams (Gameplay, UI) to Design, write, debug and refine online systems, features, tools and infrastructure
- Author or contribute to technical designs and documentation
- Optimizing and maintaining existing code (C/C++)
- Architect and mplement high performance networking code solutions for both client-side and server-side game logic
- Instrument, profile, analyze, and optimize network game traffic
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Social Profile