- You will be working full-time as a gameplay programmer, involved in designing backend and frontend modular systems, using Rojo and Github for version control.
- You will respond to the Technical Director and be part of a cross-functional development team composed of Robloxians and industry-wide domain experts.
- You will be a key player in the development of our first game, Ghostopia, a multiplayer sandbox RPG set in a haunted world.
- Worked on at least one published experience on Roblox
- Able to commit to a full-time job
- Great understanding of the Roblox Lua API
- Experience with creating and maintaining modular codebases
- Ability to help release a high quality game, through creating robust, quality systems, and helping to maintain the game through patches, updates and bug fixes; while working with others’ code at times.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: ability to operate in ambiguity and roll up your sleeves.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience using Github and Rojo for version control.
- A polished past project which you have worked on as the independent developer or sole programmer.
- Past experience of working in a team of programmers
- Experience developing content optimized for UX across platforms, specifically mobile and PC
- Experience using Jira for project management
- Write clean and maintainable Lua code for cross-platform games, specifically for PC and mobile
- Use version control through Github and Rojo to make sure our games are maintainable and keep them running smoothly into the future.
- Work within a designated time frame, following a feature roadmap, aimed at delivering quality systems you can be proud of to our players.
- Use Jira to keep on top of tasks.
- Collaborate and taking part in discussions, providing valuable input as well as taking constructive feedback.
- Share learnings and supporting areas with key insights on the Roblox platform, from building a game to community interaction.
How to Apply
- You must be 18 years or older to apply Apply here with:
- Examples of playable game(s) you've worked on
- Samples of your code (optional)
Apply via LinkedIn or send us an e-mail with a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com