- If hired, you’ll join our studio to work on an unannounced 3D adventure that blends narrative with action in an original and exciting setting.
- “Project Dustborn” is being developed for PC and consoles, and made with the Unity engine.
- You’ll collaborate with a friendly team of designers, programmers and artists to design and implement content and game mechanics.
- Your work will span all game systems and features, including combat, world interaction systems, character dialogue and puzzles.
- Your role will touch on many different areas of development, and requires at least a basic understanding of game development and design processes, user interfaces and experiences, game systems and mechanics.
- This is a full-time position, onsite in Oslo, Norway, starting in August 2020. We’re open to discussing remote solutions, if absolutely necessary.
- As game designer, you’ll take responsibility for designing, implementing and scripting content, game mechanics and features in the Unity game engine, working together with a tight-knit team of developers in downtown Oslo, Norway.
- The job requires prior experience with Unity, with playable examples of games you’ve worked on.
- Professional game industry background or commercially shipped games are not required: hobby and student projects are perfectly acceptable for submission!
- You’ll have worked on _at least _one playable game (preferably several) in a design position: this can be a mod, a hobby or student project, or a commercially available title that we can play. Please include both a download link and a video with game footage
- Excellent grasp of the English language — written and spoken. Norwegian language skills are not required for this position
- A passion for interactive storytelling, RPGs, adventure games and action-adventure games. If you’ve played our previous games, that’s a bonus!
- Multidisciplinary, agile, curious and eager to learn
- Prior experience with Unity required. Unreal Engine experience is a plus
- Under direction from the lead designer and game director, you’ll design, prototype and script content and game features using the Unity engine and in-house tools
- Collaborate with the design team, artists, animators and programmers to deliver content, systems and features
- Participate in the ongoing development of tools and technologies to improve workflows
- Partake in regular design meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Work independently to ensure your tasks are delivered on time and to a high quality
How to Apply
- Send an email to email@example.com to apply for a position at Red Thread Games.
- Please include a cover letter, a CV, and a link to your online portfolio or gallery, or to a shared zip file.
- Please keep any email attachments to less than 5Mb in size.
- Applications without a cover letter, CV or relevant work examples will not be considered, and we probably won’t get in touch to ask you to send us these things, so please double-check before submitting your application.
- If you qualify for a follow-up call or interview, we’ll get in touch.
- We receive a lot of applications, so if you don’t hear from us, please be patient.