- Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a talented UI Tech Artist to join our team!
- The UI Tech Artist works alongside UI artists and UX designers to create and implement the vision for UI features in the engine.
- The right candidate has an eye for aesthetics and a technical mindset, and will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- They will work closely with the UI lead to bring the game’s UI to life, pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
- 1 year as a technical artist or UI artist with a strong technical background
- Experience creating and implementing UI art assets for web applications, video games, PC or console
- Extensive experience with 2D image applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash) required
- Expertise in motion graphics (After Effects, Flash, Scaleform) preferred
- Knowledge of one or more types of 3D and animation software (3ds Max, Maya)
- Experience using C# and Maxscript
- Keen understanding of game workflows and pipelines with a successful background in innovative and intuitive user interface creation
- Must be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
- Strong artistic, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with team members of different disciplines on a global level
- Create and implement engaging user interfaces for video games on game consoles, PC and mobile platforms
- Quickly conceptualize, prototype and implement functionality and design intentions
- Build and implement in code logical UI flows keeping in mind design and overall art treatments/ screen-to-screen UI placement maintaining consistency through the entire project’s interface
- Work directly with engineering to solve interface technical and implementation issues
- Create compelling visual treatments that are easy to understand, simple to navigate, and convey information for an ideal end-user experience
- Adapt to varying art styles and direction; able to take critique constructively
- Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
- Develop designs with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental (design, engineering, test) team members to solve UI challenges
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Social Profile