🌍 About Red Storm Entertainment
WE ARE RED STORM
- Here at Red Storm Entertainment, we focus on fostering a creative and engaging environment where individuals are empowered to make quality games.
- We are steadfast in our mission to adapt and grow in order to reach new audiences and create top-quality, innovative gaming experiences, including virtual reality.
- Red Storm is poised to take advantage of the endless opportunities provided by the next generation of gaming.
IN THE BEGINNING
- The studio was founded back in 1996 by the novelist Tom Clancy, British Royal Navy Captain Doug Littlejohns, Creative Director Steve Reid, and seventeen developers.
- Red Storm released its first game _Politika _in November of 1997.
- Building on the success of the studio’s first title, Red Storm then released the award-winning and best-selling Rainbow Six in 1998.
- This game defined the tactical shooter genre and established our studio as an industry leader.
- Acquired by Ubisoft Entertainment in 2000, Red storm released its next breakthrough title, Ghost Recon, to numerous Game of the Year awards in 2001.
- Since then, the studio has been recognized worldwide as an integral part of Ubisoft, with ongoing contributions to Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Far Cry, The Division, Rocksmith, and other notable Ubisoft brands.
- Red Storm has been successfully developing games both independently and in collaboration with other Ubisoft studios for well over a decade.
- Video games can be a fun hobby for all types of people, and for a select few, they can become a career.
- That being said, once they’re your job, they shouldn’t stop being fun or interesting.
- Life at Red Storm is all about maintaining the core values of professionalism while allowing our team the freedom of having fun while they do it.
- Our office is a space where hard work and fun combine to create video games.
- The evidence of this is abundant everywhere you look.
- The walls are covered with posters and art, the whiteboards have doodles almost as often as they have information, and the desks are often crowded with figurines, action figures, and Nerf guns.
- When the atmosphere feels as fun as ours does, it’s easy to remember where all the hard work goes and why we do it.