- Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
- Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life.
- An app of this size and complexity needs constant testing.
- That’s where you come in!
- 2+ Years' experience as a game or software tester; ideally working on a live service
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Experience with Jira or similar bug tracking tool
- Proven ability to write high-quality repro steps
- A methodical and detail-oriented work style
- Excellent ability to solve problems, critically think, and apply logic in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work out of our Seattle, WA office (Ability to telecommute until we are back in the office, timeline TBD)
- Submit cover letter with your full name and the statement "I understand that this is a full-time testing role, and not an immediate stepping stone to a design/art/engineering job" with your application
- Experience testing multiplayer video games
- Experience testing cross-platform games
- Familiar with online communities in the games space (i.e. Steam, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, specific game forums, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Unity game engine (even as a hobbyist, just know your way around the UI)
- Experience with VR devices generally
- Experience with UGC games
- Experience or interest in game development
- Experience with Rec Room specifically
- Spend the bulk of your time in Rec Room, using a variety of traditional screen-based devices and VR headsets. You will become a deep expert on all things Rec Room!
- Ensure that bug database is always up-to-date with high-quality bug reports and test passes
- Work closely with the entire Rec Room team to understand and reproduce bugs during the development of new features
- Work closely with the entire Rec Room team to develop test plans
- As needed work on special events (i.e., trailer shoots, community town halls, etc.)
- You will be a bug hunter, puzzling out why a particular issue is happening and spending time in multiplayer sessions with Rec Room Community members.
- Work directly with the Rec Room community forums to ingest, filter and consolidate community reported issues
- To apply please submit cover letter with the statement "I understand that this is a full-time testing role, and not an immediate stepping stone to a design/art/engineering job" with your application
How to Apply
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
- Personal Information
- Portfolio Optional
- Cover Letter
- Social Profile
- U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)