- As our Game Tech Engineer you are submerged in web gaming technology.
- You like to play around with code and when there’s a technical issue, you don't stop until you've come up with a solution.
- You’re a passionate inventor; a web tech hero and a strong advocate for web games.
- Being part of our Developer Operations team, you'll be helping our growing game developer community as quickly and thorough as possible.
- Have been passionate about game development for 10+ years, and have at least 5 years of professional experience with web game development and web engines
- Have a great understanding of modern-day game engines, build systems and web game technologies, including Canvas, WebGL and Common browser APIs (ex. Full Screen API or the Pointer Lock API). Bonus points if you've worked with WebRTC, Web Workers and Web Push.
- Have a good feeling for devices, operating systems and browsers, and a passion for technical innovation
- Have an eye for detail and enjoy helping others to achieve success: supporting our diverse game developer community from all over the world, with strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Are already based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam. If not, open to relocate.
- Active member of the game developer community
- Experience with community management
- Experience with platforms like Discord & Twitch
- Experience with user testing
#1: Solve game tech challenges and set up a technical support workflow for scale.
- Give day-to-day technical support to our growing 200+ game developer community leveraging the latest web technologies.
- Whilst giving technical support you’ll identify technical improvements for our developer products and set up a technical support flow for scale.
- You’ll implement a feedback loop for the organisation, create a knowledge base by gathering game developers feedback, evaluating their technical needs, and communicating these to other teams.
#2: Reimagine some of the largest game IPs in the world for web.
- You’ll be advising and consulting some of the biggest game development studios in the world around the creation of their html5 productions for web.
- You will work closely together with the team to maximise the potential impact of the reimagination.
#3: Be a web tech evangelist.
- Grow the understanding of the usage of game tech and cross device compatibility of games on all devices.
- You will do so by hosting internal and external knowledge sessions, writing blog posts on blog.poki.com and connecting with the community.
- Also, you’ll instigate conversations with representatives from game engines, browsers and game jams.
#4: Grow the team and support the community.
- You’ll be working side by side with your Developer Support manager & Quality assurance colleagues to ensure that games go live on the platform without any errors.
- Together with the Developer Operations Lead you’ll be looking at ways to further grow the team and support our developer community in the best way possible.
How to Apply
- Personal Information