Playsport Games is looking for an experienced Game Designer to join our friendly games studio based in Guildford.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your free-to-play design career in mobile: help create new games and work on highly successful live games at a leading games studio.
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Experience designing F2P and/or micro-transaction-based published titles, preferably on mobile.
- Strong knowledge of the mobile & social game space, with exceptional understanding of current design techniques to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Strong grasp of mobile user-experience design, and ability to consider & empathise with many different types of players.
- Creative problem solver, with proven ability to create compelling gameplay.
- Relentlessly self-critical: always sees the pros and cons of each approach, and works tirelessly to improve design solutions. Prolific with high quality, well-thought-through proposals.
- Able to balance between innovation and setting reasonable goals.
- Drive, initiative and an ability to self-manage and prioritise effectively.
- Great collaborator, with superb written and oral communication skills.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Highly numerate, with a solid mathematical background, and experience designing virtual currencies and managing in-game economies.
- Design gameplay experiences and game features that deliver strong player engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Create game content to delight players, and design and balance in-game economies to maximise game performance.
- Write, review and give feedback on game/feature design documents, builds, and plans.
- Participate as a key member of the production team focused on creative elements to guide projects from concept to launch and beyond.
- Support the rest of the team throughout the product lifecycle with subject-matter expertise on mobile & social game design.
- Brainstorming as a team and designing solutions when development teams run into challenges and need additional creative assistance.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role and environment for you then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV along with a cover letter.
Before you apply, please keep in mind that this role is a full-time, permanent position based at our office in Guildford, UK, and you must be eligible to work in the UK.