- We are looking for a VFX Artist with an eye for visuals and art, and the ability to create strong visual effects.
- You will be the link between the artistic and technical dimensions and therefore it is vital that you are able to develop the needed systems and applications.
- Your responsibility as VFX Artist will be to create and maintain all effects for a third-person, open-world game.
- You will work closely with the animators, programmers and artists on the team, to develop effects and supporting tools from the ground up in Unreal.
- We are particularly looking for a colleague who enjoys setting their own goals and taking responsibility for their own schedule.
- We are working within a highly focused and ambitious vision, which requires adapting to the existing visual style while contributing your own ideas to the whole.
- More than anything, we are looking for someone who is excited about all facets of game development, as well as being passionate about gaming overall.
- 4+ years of experience within a 3D game production is essential.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a level of mastery in VFX art and design.
- Programming proficiency - tools as well as shaders.
- Comfortable using computer tools and software to create visual effects.
- This role is located at the Playdead office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects.
- Experience with PhotoShop, Maya or 3DS Max etc. and a willingness to learn new tools.
- Familiarity with major game engines.
- Creating the visuals for the effects, such as snow, dust, fire, water and sand using any and all techniques necessary.
- Programming the systems driving the effects, such as managers and spawners.
- Collaborating with a dedicated team with high ambitions about visuals and physical integrity.
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Cover Letter