- PerBlue is seeking an aspiring Visual Effects (VFX) Artist Intern to join our team for the summer of 2021.
- We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including the award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
- Our cross-functional and collaborative team has experience across the videogame industry.
- Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we are also based remotely around the United States for an unmatched quality of life and work.
- Rising junior, senior, or 2021 graduate pursuing a degree in video games, art, or related field
- Online reel that showcases exceptional work in creating artwork for animation or visual effects
- At least one game project in your portfolio (completed independently or as a part of your coursework)
- Demonstrated experience with creating sprite sheets from assets (please include in your portfolio)
- An understanding of working in a team setting to create video games or animations
- VFX-specific experiments as part of reel, especially hand-drawn/painterly style effects
- Experience in Unity 3D or other game engine
- Other desired software experience includes Maya or Blender, also After Effects and Photoshop
What You’ll Learn
- Working with live games that are either shipping or in production, you’ll design, create and implement visual effects in our mobile games through Unity 3D.
- Working closely with our team of experienced artists and engineers, you’ll create assets and textures, paint and animate VFX and learn how the videogame art and VFX pipelines work.
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Cover Letter
- Social Profile