- Marmalade Game Studio is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Game backend developer with a background in building backend services to join our close-knit team of superstars!
- Based in our London studio, this is a new role in which a creative-minded person with excellent technical competence can thrive.
- You will be responsible for making technical decisions and for creating and implementing the backend services that will carry Marmalade Game Studio to the next stage.
- We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality.
- Come and join us in our new state of the art offices in central London!
- This position is full-time and on-site. During the lockdown, the successful candidate will be required to work from home.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Login and Authentication Systems
- Designing scalable services which scale out in response to load
- Client/Server Architecture
- Database Architecture (eg CosmosDB)
- Security Methodology / Best Practices
- Chat systems
- Experience of GDPR Compliance
- At least 3 years professional development experience
- Passion for board games (both for professional reasons and because we like to have more players for our lunchtime sessions!)
Optional but valuable
- Unity Game Engine
- Knowledge of C++ and other languages
- Photon Realtime Networking
- Photon Chat
- PlayFab / GameSparks / ChilliConnect
- Video Chat Systems
- DevOps Skill
- Web Frontend Dev (for in-house tools)
- Develop backend services for our games that will allow us to unite our playerbase under a single Marmalade umbrella
- Provide player to player communication features
- Provide cloud support for in-game features
- Estimate and schedule work
- Write and develop technical documentation
- Work proactively to fix bugs
- Work with other disciplines (Unity Programmers, Design. Art, etc) to plan and execute work
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Social Profile