- Maple Media is seeking a driven & imaginative Product Designer, with mobile application design experience, that thrives in an agile environment.
- Our team and culture are focused on rapidly designing and developing high impact updates to a diverse portfolio of top-rated apps on the App Store and Google Play, while having fun and learning along the way.
- Maple Media is a lean, product-focused startup where each and every member of the team moves the needle.
- The right person for this role enjoys solving new design problems, has high user empathy, is eager to learn new technologies, is extremely collaborative, is passionate about creating great mobile software (and knows it when they see it), and takes pride in the work that they do.
• 5+ years practical digital art / design experience working in interactive media and / or on a mobile app or game, preferably with a large audience and focus on best-in-class design. • Graphic design skills: sketching, wireframing and storyboarding abilities on paper and screen. • Solid understanding of UI/UX design best practices and interaction design fundamentals. • A strong understanding of UI/UX conventions and challenges for native mobile apps and games, as well as other platforms (WatchOS, Mac, Web, Mobile Web, etc.) • Experience working within Apple’s Human Interface Design guidelines for all features and functionality on iOS, as well as Android’s Material Design guidelines, in line with each platforms app review requirements • Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems. • Strong desire to collaborate with product managers and designers outlining user flows and wireframes. • Expert knowledge of Photoshop; strong skills in Flash, Illustrator & After Effects. • Previous experience with motion graphics, compositing and special effects is a plus. • Strong cross-functional communication skills: verbal, written and visual. • Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions. • Strong passion for mobile apps; we’ll ask you about some of your favorites and who you consider to be leading in native mobile app design • Experience working on consumer mobile apps and websites, especially those with advertising, freemium, or subscription business models is a plus • Other drawing, illustration and 3D skills are a plus. • Excellent oral and written communication skills. • Excellent organization and efficient time management skills are required. • Proven ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment. • Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Fine Arts or Illustration is required, advanced degree applicants are encouraged as well
• Partner with product teams to design mock-ups using Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketch to create user interface and user interaction designs and user flows that intuitively add value for the user • Evaluate the design and creative direction of prospective M&A targets, and create a design roadmap for new app businesses that Maple Media acquires • Lead our design function and serve as the final decision maker and design leader within the organization, including providing clear creative direction, career path guidance and timely and helpful feedback to improve design processes to keep work on budget and schedule • Create modern, appealing, user friendly, and crisp 2D app assets with a focus on accessibility and usability for our native mobile apps and games • Prepare, design or improve all facets of the UI / UX of Maple Media’s product portfolio including: mockups, wireframes, iconography design, animation design, UI and color style guides, general art and documentation. • Create clear and attractive messaging, buttons, icons, widgets, and other UI elements which work well within fixed aspect ratios, and across a wide variety of product verticals, which include podcasting, weather, calendar, social networking, games and more. • Collaborate with Product Designer to create re-useable product functionality style guides to ensure consistency across apps • Work with Engineering to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the app. • Navigate technical constraints and limitations to create the best possible user experience • Independently prioritize projects and resources to maximize design team velocity and to met key deadlines • Organize and manage art asset list to ensure all deliverables are on time and accounted for • Responsible for all sprint planning for the design department
How to Apply
Just enter your email, Maple Media will contact with you.