- As a Server Side Software Engineer with Synapse Games, you will work with PHP and other technologies to implement back-end game logic and state persistence.
- You should excel at rigorous software development that results in high quality and maintainable products.
- We are looking for someone who is willing to accept ownership of the back-end game components and work directly with game designers and client-side engineers to implement and maintain new and existing game features.
- You will be shipping code that impacts millions of players in our biggest games: Animation Throwdown and TMNT: Mutant Madness.
- Passionate about developing games
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of PHP or eagerness to learn
- Understanding of MySQL or equivalent RDBMS design and optimization
- Strong computer science fundamentals of data structures and algorithm design
- Motivated to independently identify areas of code or gameplay that need improvement
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Client side game development skills
- DevOps Engineering experience (especially AWS)
- Experience with PHP, C#, Java, or Go
- Design and implement server-side gameplay systems and admin tools
- Maintain and develop existing games on a roughly one week release schedule
- Identify and optimize performance problems
- Support game designers with game-play analytics and by building simulation tools
- Participate in code reviews to learn and ensure high standards
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Cover Letter