🌍 About Kongregate
- Kongregate was founded in 2006 as a web gaming destination with the vision of creating an open platform for indie games to foster that growing community.
- Today we are focused on our mobile game’s division which has seen great success since its inception in 2013.
- With over 250 million mobile downloads and billions of gameplays worldwide, we support an active and engaged community of passionate gamers.
- Our breakout titles include AdVenture Capitalist, Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards, Peter Molyneux’ The Trail, and Idle Frontier and include multiple “Editors’ Choice” awards.
- As the games industry has changed and grown over the years, so have we, but we have always maintained our core values of integrity, collaboration, and most of all, fun!
- Kongregate is a leading game publisher, web gaming destination, and the owner of the Kartridge PC gaming platform.
- Our mission is supporting the growth of independent game developers and player communities.
- We are focused on building a positive place for everyone to share their passion for games.
- What started as a small team of gaming evangelists has grown into a thriving business with over 110 employees across 4 offices: our headquarters in San Francisco and 3 satellite offices in Portland, Chicago, & San Diego.
- A subsidiary of leading international digital entertainment group, MTG, we are a tight-knit team of gamers that works hard and plays harder, all while maintaining sustainable work hours.
- Our mobile games, including the idle genre-defining AdVenture Capitalist and collectible card game Animation Throwdown, have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times.
How Kongregate fights Covid-19?
Due to the on-going pandemic, Kongregate is operating as a fully remote company until further notice. All interviews will be conducted via phone and video calls.