- As IMVU’s only Corporate Counsel, you are a business-friendly and highly collaborative person, providing pragmatic and creative solutions.
- As a versatile person that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, you embrace the opportunity to not only partner with all corporate functions but also drive the firm’s legal strategy across all dimensions.
- You’re comfortable with a day that includes addressing business operations, finance, human resources, technology and marketing - both to advise on critical strategic and legal matters.
- High degree of personal integrity
- Sense of humor, strong work ethic and positive attitude
- J.D. from a quality law school; licensed in good standing in California
- 5 - 8 years of work experience, including experience within an in-house legal department
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and an energetic do-what-it-takes attitude
- The temperament and drive to quickly make impactful decisions in collaboration with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality work product with limited oversight
- Organizational skills and versatility to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- Bonus points for first-hand experience with California and federal employment and Labor law, DMCA, CCPA, GDPR, crypto and MTL/MSB.
- Experience negotiating agreements with vendors and partners domestically and internationally in fast-paced environments and with shifting priorities.
- Experience handling data privacy and security issues.
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of agreements, including commercial, technology, real estate and partnerships
- Manage legal actions related to employment, trademark, patent, compliance and other corporate matters aided by outside legal counsel
- Advise the executive team and school leadership on business and legal issues including privacy, corporate and commercial transactions, compliance, licensing, employment and intellectual property
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals
- Train and educate colleagues on legal and compliance issues
- Ownership of the management of internal legal records and documents
How to Apply
- Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
- Please include a cover letter.
- Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about Together Labs.