- HB Studios is Atlantic Canada’s largest and most successful independent video game developer.
- We have an opportunity for a Junior 3D Artist to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
- As a Junior 3D Artist, you will help create AAA quality 3D models that adhere to the vision of the game’s look and feel while gaining insight and knowledge of 3D asset production methods and techniques.
- Diploma or undergraduate level education or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of 3D content creation techniques
- Strong skills working with Maya / 3DMax and Photoshop
- An excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material into 3D textured models
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to respond and meet project deadlines and milestones
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, creative, and outside-the-box thinker
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Sports knowledge and enthusiasm
- Game-resolution modeling, UVing, texturing, and optimization
- ZBrush, Substance Painter / Designer, and Unity exposure a plus
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to translate that directly into your work
- Flexibility in style, being able to pivot from highly realistic assets to stylized art
- Collaborate effectively with Art Leads and Senior Artists
- Respond to direction from the Art Leads and Senior Artists with a willingness to create or refine models to ensure the highest quality and applicability to the game
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines including modelling, UV mapping, texturing, optimizing, and scene organization and implementation
- Understand and work within design and technical constraints to maintain a high level of quality
- Work within a game engine and pipeline to ensure completed assets are in build ready format
- Create high and low-poly models utilizing cutting edge techniques and pipelines
- Explore industry developments and emerging 3D modelling trends and pipelines
- Develop and maintain good relationships with all team members
- Participate and engage in team and department meetings
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining HB Studios, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Human Resources).