- The Hangar 13 Audio team is looking for an experienced Sound Designer / Editor to focus specifically on dialogue.
- The Sound Designer (Dialogue) is a member of our internal audio team in Novato, CA.
- He/she also collaborates with and supports both the narrative and design teams with regards to dialogue.
- The major goal of this role is to ensure that the dialogue experience for our players is a satisfying one. T
- his includes editing, mastering & implementing dialogue to an expected level of quality and consistency, as well as to help push our workflow and tools to continually improve the dialogue experience in our games.
Some sound design work will be required therefore a mid-level skill set in sound design is preferred. Candidates must have;
- 3+ years experience in dialogue editing, sound design or related field.
- At least one AAA game cycle.
- Advanced experience in Pro-Tools for both editing and mastering.
- Have an understanding of tools such as iZotope RX and related audio restoration software.
- High proficiency with Wwise.
The dialogue designer duties include (but are not limited to);
- Works with outsourced editors after recording sessions have been completed.
- Edits and masters all dialogue to consistent specifications.
- Imports dialogue into internal tools.
- Records, Edits, Masters & Implements temp VO into the game for prototyping purposes.
- Creates suitable dialogue processing for characters that require real-time or post-production effects.
- Tunes and balances all dialogue metadata related to dialogue utilizing both proprietary tools and middleware.
- Works with the AI design team to tune and balance dialogue behaviours in game.
- Provides a dialogue pre-mix for the game that is consistent with direction and feedback provided by the Studio Audio Director.
- Works with the QA team to define a test plan for dialogue, ensuring all dialogue is playing as expected across multipe languages.
- Mastering of localized dialogue.
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Cover Letter