- Do you know what the components of a game economy are, how they relate to the gaming experience, and how they shape a game’s business performance?
- As a Game Economy Designer, you play a key role in designing and managing systems that will enhance the player experience and encourage players to invest in the game. As part of the design team, you are able to create economy and balance rules with your expertise.
- Support us in creating fun, engaging, and outstanding player experiences.
- A passion for creating high-quality games and a focus on superior player experiences has made GameDuell one of the largest cross-platform games communities in the world, with over 70 games on our website, social networks, and mobile devices.
- We are an ecological and socially sustainable company.
- We have our very own “Green Team” within the company.
- Our Green Team implements ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity.
- A completed university degree in economics, mathematics, or similar
- At least 3 years of proven successful game system design, balancing, pacing & monetization strategies for F2P games
- Highly analytical, skilled at building models and tools to simulate and analyze the game economy and player behavior
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Statistical knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Detailed knowledge of the social gaming industry, free-to-play, and virtual goods business models on mobile platforms
- High ability to understand player motivations and merge them with business needs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Design and map out game progression from a systems and monetization perspective
- Take full ownership of game monetization, manage pricing of virtual goods, balance game systems, and balance incentivized and purchased items in the game economy context
- Define game specifications from initial concept to launch with economy and playability testing to maximize monetization and user retention
- Take responsibility for the quality of game systems. Analyze content from our current games to design and drive meaningful changes or improvements to economy design and monetization concepts
- Work closely with game designers to match desired player behavior, systems, and creative game design for maximum effect
- Analyze target game genres’ game economies, garnering key insights on how different mechanics provide different monetization potential through player experiences and behavior
- Recommend rewards and monetization game features to create an economic system that fulfills player needs
- Ensure that the game economy design has enough monetization depth and viable content product needs
- Own and communicate the holistic game economy and systems view, allowing for the vetting of concepts and ideas in the economy context
- Provide clear system and economy documentation, diagrams, calculation models, analyses, wireframes, and/or prototypes
How to Apply
Say "hello" to our recruiter Chi!
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your application including possible starting date as PDF with the subject line ‘Game Economy Designer’.