- We’re looking for an experienced game designer to design and implement combat encounters, environmental puzzles, and scripted events to create an emotionally memorable journey for the player.
- The mission design scripter will work closely with creative leadership to bring the world of the game world to life.
- We are looking for someone with lots of hands on experience crafting encounters, scripting AI behaviors, and building narratively and emotionally impactful sequences for modern shooters.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience shipping great games as a designer, scripting and implementing game systems.
- They will be exceptionally good at expressing their ideas both by articulating the story of a feature through words and expressing ideas visually.
- They will have the ability to prototype features in engine, test assumptions, and work with art and engineering toward high quality throughout production.
- A passion for modern shooters and a deep understanding of their underlying gameplay systems is a must.
- Must have shipped one title or have equivalent experience
- Experience scripting and prototyping features in engine (experience with UE4, Blueprints experience is a plus)
- Some kind of awesome form of expressing ideas (you could be a good writer, skilled illustrator, video maker, or any other exceptional way of expressing ideas)
- Narrative design chops a plus
- Drive creation of engaging and fun mission content (objectives, narrative, combat)
- Work closely with creative leadership to prototype, implement, and iterate on mission designs and combat encounters
- Balance narrative goals with combat pacing and level structure
- Outline narrative beats, dialog, and cinematic events across missions
How to Apply
Please send your resume and any applicable work examples to email@example.com with the position in your subject line, and we'll reach out to you if it looks like you'll be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!