- Digital Extremes is seeking a Weapons Artist to join our team.
- You will be joining a small team of creative individuals responsible for creating not only weapons, but cosmetic items such as armor and capes, skins, and even spaceships for Warframe.
- We are a close-knit team that values communication and teamwork to deliver strong work.
- You will be able to use whatever software you are comfortable with to create deliverables.
- Concept art creation abilities are not required, but are a welcome extra.
- A strong understanding of AAA standard PBR and high/low poly asset creation methods is expected.
- Exceptional knowledge of the asset creation process (block in, high and
- low poly, multi part baking, PBR texturing, etc).
- Excellent skill at sub-d modeling and hard surface sculpting.
- Flexible skills that translate to different scales and subject matter
- (weapons, vehicles, costumes, etc).
- Ingrained sense of the principals of design and how to apply them to
- your models and textures.
- Self-motivated, good communication skills and the ability to integrate
- into a tight knit team.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development modeling and texturing
- weapons, equipment. or vehicles using Maya, ZBrush / Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- University degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning OR completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts
- An exceptional understanding of hard surface modeling techniques for use in
- creating complex mechanical objects, such as, weapons and vehicles.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps and materials.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D Artist specializing in equipment,
- weapons, or vehicles.
- Experience in creating mechanical characters and vehicles.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual
- effects, or technical art.
- Assist Work with the lead artist to create AAA standard hard surface assets.
- Creation of hi and low poly models, textures, and materials for use as real-time game assets.
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter
- Social Profile