- We are looking for talented Gameplay Programmers for an upcoming MMO game “Life Beyond”!
- Our game features state of the art third person controls and combat, complex AI and living world systems.
- As a gameplay programmer, you will bring this world to life and build every aspect of the game, working closely with our artists and designers.
- Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
- Please note that this position is either full-time on-site in Paris - or you can work remotely from your home anywhere in Europe.
- Gameplay programming experience according to your skill level. For Junior applicants, 1+ year of professional experience or significant experience in hobby projects. Junior positions are on-site in Paris only.
- Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
- Concern and sensibility for performance, memory usage and network bandwidth
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
- Strong communication skills in english, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams
- Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with client/server architecture and multiplayer games
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
- As part of our Gameplay team, design and implement the code needed to support the various game systems and AIs.
- Work closely with game designers and level designers in order to bring their ideas to life
- Implement algorithms and tools for designers to use when building the world
- Implement client/server algorithms such as replication, latency compensation and to achieve a smooth result in a fast-paced combat gameplay
- Ensure the performance and scalability of the game in the very unpredictable context of a MMO game.
- Participate in design and feedback gathering sessions to make sure that the player’s experience always comes first
How to Apply
- Our recruitment process consists of a preliminary application screening, HR Interview, Lead Interview, and Executive Interview, with on-site interview as the final step in the process. In special cases, exceptions or modifications can be made.
- Note: Though our office is located in Paris, English is our official office language.
- As such, we request for all applications to be submitted in English; non-English applications will not be considered.