- Bit Fry Game Studios is creating high-energy, action-packed, character-driven games using the Unreal 4 Engine.
- Your experience, leadership, and VFX skills will guide the creation of awesome effects which bring that action to life.
- You will work to guide the VFX team by working with the Art Director, Design, and Technical Director.
- Your eye for visuals, knowledge of performance budgets, and planning experience will help ensure that the highest quality effects visuals are delivered while taking into account technical and artistic guidelines.
- 4+ years of experience in a lead position in the video game industry
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with VFX production pipelines, tools, and best practices
- Experienced with UE4’s materials system/cascade particle system
- Comfortable with HLSL/GLSL shaders
- Understanding of PBR materials and lighting
- Solid knowledge of VFX performance optimization and best practices for supporting assets for multiple platforms
- Proficiency with Photoshop, After Effects, and other content creation tools
- General UE4 experience
- Proficiency with Maya/Max (Or other modeling software)
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working around technical limitations to achieve specific goals
- Strong communication, organization, and planning skills
- General scripting experience (Python, etc)
- UE4 Blueprint scripting experience
- Experience with version control software such as Perforce
- Experience with simulation software such as Houdini and baking out simulations for real-time applications
- Work with the Art Director to ensure that the VFX art style and visual standards for the team match the over-all project vision
- Work with the art/creative to create or source pre-visualization concepts to guide VFX work
- Create and maintain technical documentation around the VFX production process and guidelines
- Collaborate with Design to create visual effects which support specific gameplay and features
- Work with the Technical Director to develop upon or implement new technologies to support visual features
- Maintain a clear and consistent production schedule for VFX work
- Stay up to date with industry trends and technology to best support visual quality and features
- Work with QA to track and assign bug fixes
How to Apply
- Personal Information
- Social Profile
As a part of the application process, we require a portfolio or demo-reel demonstrating your experience.
- Please include a brief breakdown of your contributions, both artistic and technical for each piece presented.