🌍 About Bit Fry Game Studios
- Bit Fry Game Studios, Inc. was founded in November of 2013 with the thesis that the sports video-game category, which is by today’s measure roughly $14B/year globally, had left behind an important segment of the market, namely arcade-action titles.
- Rising from a desire to once again bring back the time-tested play loops of games like Blades of Steel, Tecmo Bowl, RBI Baseball, NBA Jam, and NFL Blitz, the studio evolved along an arduous and unlikely path, which began with the simple goal of building an un-licensed baseball game that was set in the past (the 1920’s to be exact), only to eventually wind up, more than six years later, unleashing upon the world the most comprehensively licensed sports gaming franchise ever created, ironically set in a near-future sci-fi universe.
- In December of 2019, Apple launched our first title, Ultimate Rivals: The Rink, an NHL and NHLPA licensed hockey game on its Apple Arcade service.
- The game is the first in the Ultimate Rivals series of franchise titles that lets gamers combine athletes from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, WNBA, and U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team, as well as Wayne Gretzky, into any combination of teams for fast paced, high-skill cap arcade-action hockey.
- Headquartered in its founding city of Portsmouth, NH, and with offices in Los Angeles and New York City, Bit Fry is one of the fastest growing original video-game studios in the world, with 75+ full-time employees.