🌍 About 11 bit studios
- It all started in 2009, when a bunch of veterans of polish gaming industry joined their forces and founded 11 bit studios.
- They gathered few talented people and got to work. After a year our first child was born – Anomaly Warzone Earth hit the stores.
- Quickly it became a huge success, with great sales and number of industry awards, including Apple Design Award.
- It was a proof that we were on the right track and in the next few years we repeated the success with Anomaly 2, Anomaly Korea and few other games.
But you know what they say – the more you have, the more you want so in 2012 we decided it was time for something bigger.
For the next two years we worked on our upcoming title.
- Bigger and better than ever before, but what’s even more important – a game that had a potential to touch people.
- A game that could matter. Something, that hasn’t been done before.
- A thing to be played and discussed for years to come.
- In the end of 2014 we were ready and our greatest achievement to this day had it’s premiere.
- On 14th of November This War of Mine had its release and everything had changed.
- The cost of development were covered in first weekend after the premiere, and since then the game keeps being one of the topsellers on Steam and other distribution platforms.
- The game got over 100 awards and was covered as a phenomenon in the biggest magazines and newspapers all around the world including TIME, EDGE, Washington Post and more.
- This brings us to the place where we are today.
- This War of Mine is still selling really well, being one of the most successful indie titles of the last decade.
- Our next big game, Frostpunk, turned out to be an even bigger commercial success, earning great reviews accross industry and mainstream media alike.
- Teaming up with Digital Sun Games ended up in bringing Moonlighter to PCs and consoles, and both Frostpunk and Moonlighter reached the #1 top-selling spot on Steam.
- They did the job leaving a mark – be it great reviews from gamers, entertainment they deliver or thoughts that stay in your head once you leave Frostpunk’s universe.
- Working with the devs of Moonlighter not only was a pleasent experience, but has prooved that our publishing program that allows developers from all around the world to release their indie games with our help, is functioning really well.
- We’re on our way of delivering better and better games to the world!
- That’s our story so far, but we are quite sure there is more to come.